Buying and Developing

Man in safety hat reading development plans on a tablet.

You are here

Subsidence Advisory NSW regulates development within mine subsidence districts (districts) to help protect homes and buildings from potential subsidence damage. 

If you are planning to build or subdivide within a district, you will need approval from Subsidence Advisory NSW prior to commencing work.

If you are thinking about buying a property within a district, you may wish to check it has the relevant approvals and is eligible for compensation should subsidence damage occur.